History

First Church has been here almost since the beginning of East Hartford.  Early town meetings were held in our first meetinghouse in the very early 1700's.  Some two hundred fifty years later, when the original Charter Oak Bridge was reconstructed in the 1970's the decorative medallions from the 1942 edition of the bridge were salvaged then incorporated into the fence surrounding the front church yard. Pictured here are the medallions portraying the Charter Oak Tree, the Old State House, First Church, and the flight of a plane powered by engines made by Pratt and Whitney.

main nav
About First Church
Worship
Christian Education
Outreach & Missions
Social Groups
Contact First Church

Events Calendar

Home

Untitled Page

837 Main Street East Hartford • (860) 528-3133 • Email us
Site version 1.0 • Powered by
Sp8.com